So, yesterday I said I was going to make a more concerted effort to post quality posts, to visit everybody’s blog, and to comment. Today, I have a headache so intense that my eyebrows hurt. Not to mention that I spent nearly the entire day drawing and redrawing and erasing and cursing and setting fire to and redrawing the same floorplan, over and over and over again, which isn’t exactly the most entertaining thing in the world to post about.
Fortunately, I did keep up the “visit other people’s sites more often” part of my promise and, in doing so, found out I had been tagged for a meme by bluepaintred. Now technically, I could simply ignore this tag because she only tagged me because she thinks I live on an island. This is categorically false, thus my grounds for ignoring the tag, but I won’t because I did live on an island for forever and a year, though I now reside just inland of said island where I enjoy all of the perks of not being washed out to sea on a regular basis, while at the same time enduring the annoyance of being surrounded by hillbillies instead of the much more mellow and endearing beach bums. So, I’m going to write this as if I still live on Merritt Island (a barrier island of the east coast of Florida, just south of the space center) instead of the hickiest hicktown on earth, “Hicksylvania.”
List your top five favorite locations to eat, locally:
1. Da Kine Diego’s – “Insane burritos” served on the beach by surfers. Does life get any better?
2. Frankie’s Wings – I think there’s a fantastic local wing place in every town in America and we’re no exception.
3. Thai Thai – We get sushi there once a week and I never get tired of it. Now if they could just get someone who speaks English to answer the phone…
4. Victorio’s – It’s this little, “mom and pop” style place with vinyl tablecloths where all the customers and staff have one foot in the grave, but they make the best pizza this side of a school cafeteria.
5. That trailer on the corner of Park and 405 that those Jamaican people sell Jerk chicken and curried goat out of – I don’t know who they are and I’m not entirely convinced that it’s “goat” and not, say, “stink weasel,” but I don’t care. It’s yummy.
Now I have to tag some other people and I think it only fair that I hit the same people that I chose yesterday seeing as, technically, they were supposed to have to write one for that too. Thus, I hereby tag
Aren’t you glad?
And now, your baby of Zen…
NO NO NO…not your baby picture of zen…there will be NO zen tonight as I just watched one of my cats pee on the WALL!!!! The FUCKING WALL!!!!! How do you even clean pee out of drywall!?!?!?! I’m so PISSED OFF, I feel like my head is going to explode. I swear to God, if I don’t go to bed right now, I’m going to skin him and make a hat.